Terms and Conditions
1. All oneoff bookings will paid for in full at the time of booking. In the event of cancellation, the fee will not be refundable.
2. Regular (block) bookings will be paid for one month in advance. In the event of cancellation, the fee will not be refundable.
3. Bookings may be made in units of ½ hour with a minimum booking of 1½ hours.
4. Setup and clearup time (e.g. ½ before and ½ hour after) must be booked and paid for as part of the hire time at the applicable rate.
5. An itinerary of items in the kitchen, meeting room and main hall will be kept which can be used to check against breakage, loss or damage.
6. Damage. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the premises, amenities or equipment belonging to the Civic Trust during the let. The hirer will notify the Civic Trust Clerk of any breakages, damage or any faults discovered during the let. The hirer agrees to pay the total costs of replacing or repairing such damages as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Civic Trust Committee and do so within seven working days.
7. For oneoff bookings, a bond will be taken of £20.00 against breakage, loss or damage of items on the itinerary. In cases where alcohol is on the premises, the bond will be £50.00. The bond will be returned within 10 days after the completion of the let following deductions for of any breakage, loss or damage. No bond will apply for regular/block bookings.
8. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Village Hall or Little School.
9. Equipment. The hirer must ensure all equipment brought onto the premises is safe for use so as not to cause injury or damage.
10. Behaviour. The hirer agrees to ensure that everyone using the premises behaves in a reasonable and courteous manner to other users of the Village Hall, the Little School and the general public.
11. Legal Matters. The hirer will indemnify the owners and operators of the Civic Trust against all legal liability in respect of any injury, loss or damage caused to any persons or to property on the Village Hall and Little School premises, during the period of letting and arising out of this letting whether by accident, or by any negligent or other act or omission of the body, society or person on whose behalf this letting is made.
12. The discretionary rate will only apply by prior agreement by the Civic Trust Committee. This will normally require proof that the hirer represents a community or charity group and production of a written constitution and proof of bank account in the name of the group.
13. The hirer will ensure that the premises are returned to their original condition after the let. If not, additional cleaning will incur a cleaning charge of £6.50 per hour.
Please note the hirer should not exceed the capacity numbers for the rooms (or building they are hiring).
- Main village hall = 220 persons
- Village hall meeting room = 30 persons
- Little School main hall = 65 persons
- Little School meeting room = 15 persons